回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-10-22 11:24:42 | 显示全部楼层
最後一句特別有意思。樓主的翻譯是沒問題,但還是讓我覺得不夠味。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-10-23 20:38:37 | 显示全部楼层
VOX POPULI: Gadhafi's death symbolizes the 'Arab Spring'

The grave of French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821) is in Paris. About 40 years ago, it was mentioned in this column that Britons made up the largest group of foreigners visiting his grave. The columnist quoted the grave keeper as saying, "That's because the Brits want to make sure their dreaded enemy is really dead."

According to reports, DNA testing will precede the interment of the remains of Libya's Moammar Gadhafi. The slain dictator was said to have had a double, and given his nightmarish decades of tyranny, I imagine many people won't feel completely safe until his death is confirmed beyond doubt.

Their fear is still quite real because Gadhafi, unlike Napoleon, has yet to become a name in distant history.

A hero is said to be once removed from a villain. Gadhafi started out as a hero who overthrew a monarchy. But his idealism, which at first seemed pure in his self-proclaimed commitment to the Arab cause, eventually became tainted by his greed for power. He followed the path of many "heroes" before him by ending up being feared and hated by his people.

Obsessed with martyrdom, Gadhafi sought to fight to the death rather than surrender, creating many victims in the process. It was bitterly ironic that "don't shoot me" were reportedly the final words of this tyrant who had kept pointing a gun at his people.

With Gadhafi's exit, the era of "heroes" ruling the Arab people is said to have ended. Come to think of it, heroes and democracy don't go together, and democracy has no need for heroes. His death symbolizes the "Arab Spring" that seeks government by the people.

I understand there is an Arab saying to the effect that standing up is two-thirds of courage. The original meaning appears to be that it takes courage to stand up and ask a question, but this could also imply rousing oneself to action.

There are other dictators to whom I would like to ask this question: Do you realize how formidable people can be when they muster their courage to stand up?

--The Asahi Shimbun, Oct. 22
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注~册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|咖啡日语

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 08:45